8/23/09

The "BIG" News

I am sure all of you are first thinking, "they are having another baby." Wishful thinking. That's not what the big news is all about this time.

As if our life was not chaotic enough. The Chef Family has been gone most of the summer - weddings in Mackinaw, Nashville, Chicago, family cottage, my little sister's wedding, etc. Yes, it has been a little bit crazy with everything going on. Plus, still getting acclimated to our new surroundings in Vancouver. I mean, after all, it has been less than a year since we moved to the west side of Washington. In fact, we closed on our house November 7th of last year.

So our news. Yes, we have news.

The Chef Family is moving once again. Yup, you read the statement correctly. And, I do not mean just moving down the street or moving to a new house. We are up and moving cities. And, for this move, we are up and moving states. Actually, we move down a few states south of Washington. CALIFORNIA! A place I never thought I would ever move to or live. In fact, I've never even vacationed there! We will be headed to Sacramento area sometime in the upcoming months, exact plans and details are still to be determined.



It is hard to keep up with the Chef Family. I know.

If you had a hard time keeping track of us while we were in college (Michigan State and Miami of Ohio), I am sure you are totally confused now. Since our marriage of almost 5 years (yeah!) here's where we have lived:

Omaha, Nebraska
Kennewick, Washington
Vancouver, Washington
and now ... Roseville (near Sacramento), California

4 moves in 5 years. Absolutely crazy. And, to think that two of these moves will be with a little one.

The Iron Chef and I say to our friends, "If you want to see the country, just come and visit us one time and then we'll move again and you can see another part of the country." This is also how we view our own moves as well. We have been blessed with a wonderful opportunity, as we have with each move. We are more than excited about this great opportunity and look forward to enjoying the beautiful scenery and travel that California provides. I can't wait to be in the sunshine and have year long warmer weather. And, we can't wait for visitors once we get settled.

So, there you have it. We're moving to California. Our big, BIG news.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I will assume the move is due to a career opportunity, and not to the fact that you hate the Pacific NW. :) That's pretty exciting for sure, but man, we barely had time to get to know you at MC!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Hope your little family will be blessed in Cali!!

Anonymous said...

congrats jamie and fam! What an awesome place to live! And yes - I definitely did think - its a baby! Very cool and exciting - I'll have to come out soon for a visit :)

Sheri said...

Wow! That's huge news. I know the area you're moving too. It's growing. In fact, I know of a really nice house for sale in Lincoln (the town next door to Roseville)--it used to belong to a MC member who, ironically, moved there in Nov 07 from Vancouver, only to move back to Vancouver in Nov 08! What is it about NOVEMBER? Anyway, congrats on the new adventures awaiting you. I look forward to seeing you when you get back from your whirlwind vacation!

Leah Robinson said...

Oh yay! Congrats to you guys :)