8/7/09

Cost for Bargains

I had received a comment about the cost of my bargain finds and had wanted to make an original post just on the "price" of bargains. Here it goes ...

Remember this post? Well, I went searching online to target.com (the original place where the clock was purchased) and found this.



Yes, I found the clock online at Target ... with a sticker price of $99.99. The clock did have free shipping, but guess how much I paid at Goodwill - only $19.99. That's about 80% off the original price! Yes, I still feel 19 dollars is pretty expensive for Goodwill. But, I had been wanting a large clock for our wall and simply couldn't resist the price.

Want to know the price for other good deals?

I purchased a wooden chair for our guest bedroom. I still have to repaint and refinish the product, but, the sticker price on this one? $4.99. I didn't have time to take a picture before I left, so here's a similar example.



And how about my garage sale finds for Ms. A! Total bargain. I found toys that were either 25 or 50 cents! Yes, you heard me ... only about one quarter. For example, this toy retails for at least $19.99 in the store and I purchased for only 25 cents. Seriously, this is almost free. I found other Leap Frog and name brand items as well.



One thing to point out about bargain shopping and goodwill finds - make sure you have bleach on hand so you can disinfect and clean your products before using in your own household (especially toys for little ones).

Don't get me wrong, I love buying nice, new items as well. Especially while vacationing and finding unique items I know other people in town will not have. But everyone loves a great deal. And, for 80% off or 95% off the original sticker price - I'LL TAKE IT!

0 comments: