8/31/09

It's Just 3 Hours

Three little hours. That's it. Only three hours. Doesn't really seem like a big deal. Well, to an 18-month old, a time zone difference of 3 hours is absolutely horrible.

To bed around 7:30 pm and up around 6:30 am. It's Ms. A's typical routine and has been for the last few months. She used to sleep around 12 hours at night, but it's slowly dwindling to about 11 hours now.

Six-thirty in the morning doesn't seem to bad. UNTIL you throw in a time zone difference of 3 hours earlier. Yes, it was about 3:30 am when A started stirring this morning and I anticipate the same results again tonight.

I never realized how hard the time zone difference would be for a little one until I witnessed it myself. It's amazing how her own internal clock adjusts to the zones and she'll get tired around 7:00 regardless of the time zone. Definitely has something to do with the fact it starts to get darker and we continue her same routine. However, returning from East Coast to West Coast after a month is horrible!

It usually takes her one full week to adjust. But, that's after a week to a few weeks on vacation, not a month. I'm hoping this week won't be as long as it appears it will be. Needless to say, my bedtime is going to be around 8:00/9:00 so I can be up at 4 in the morning for the day.

It's going to be a loooooooooong week.

0 comments: