9/24/09

$2 Tuesday

Every second Tuesday of the month, the Portland Zoo holds an amazing deal - $2 Tuesday. That means I can take Ms. A to the zoo for $4. A $2 ticket for myself,Ms. A is free and then $2 for parking. What a bargain! There aren't many things out there to entertain children in an educational and fun way for only 4 bucks. Seriously.

However, I had previously attempted one of these bargain days with my parents. We were stuck in traffic to get off the exit to the zoo, drove around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot, stood in line for 20 minutes just trying to get a ticket, and continually watched bus after bus load into the lots. Absolutely ridiculous. And, after all the waiting, we decided we would just head over to the Children's Museum and go with Plan B. A much better decision. No waiting, just fun and interaction.

The thought of me trying to venture to do this was a little scary. I'm not going to lie. I packed a lunch and plenty of snacks and liquids for Ms. A. However, I've gotten pretty good at traveling with A by myself that a little trip (heavy Portland traffic, stuck in lines, etc, etc) to the zoo doesn't scare me in the least bit. I've flown across the country with her a few times by myself and driven to and from our old house and our new house (soon to be our old house) what seems like a million times. So, I thought I'd be fine.

And, fine indeed we were. We made it in traffic just fine. I pulled up to the zoo and found a parking spot right in the front. I waited for 2 people in front of me to purchase tickets and then it was smooth sailing. This was also one of our first "adventures" like this without Daddy. We missed him, as we always do, but "A" has been interested in animals the last few weeks so I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Actually, interested in animals is an understatement. She has been obsessed with animals the last few weeks.

We had a great day. A picnic at the zoo. And, frankly, a great bonding time with Mommy and Ms. A. She enjoyed the ducks the best and was deathly afraid of the elephants that appeared to be running towards her through the glass. I've never seen Ms. A run so fast!





I also sized her up to the polar bears!



All in all. A great day. Although this great day was definitely a few weeks ago. I'm just a little behind in posting.







0 comments: