9/23/09

Wishful Wednesday: Job



An old co-worker and friend of mine has started something called Wishful Wednesdays. It's a nice way to break up the middle of the week, our hump day, and wish for something. Plus, Kelsey has a great blog and lives in the Pacific Northwest.

So here it goes. Short and sweet.

'I wish' .... I got paid $1 million a year to ...
do what I do right now. Be a stay-at-home-mommy. I just wish I was paid.


I absolutely love what I am doing right now and wouldn't trade it for the world at this moment. To be able to have A on her own schedule, a schedule that works for her and for me to be flexible with our play dates, park times and running errands.

We are two peas in a pod. And do everything together. She works out with me when I go running outside, we run errands together, she cries for me in the mornings and wants a big hug from me when she wakes up from her naps.

When she was first born, her Daddy was her favorite. Hands down. And, he still is her favorite. You should see her face when he walks in the door from a hard day at work. But, I'm her favorite, too. She was such a struggle when she was a little baby and cried all the time. I often felt like I was not very good at being a mother. But, we passed the hump and now life is grand. Yes, we are entering the toddler tantrums, but we'll get through it easily.

For all I do - from the cooking, cleaning, taking care of A, bills, shopping, running errands, etc - I deserve $1 million dollars.

How much fun would that be. Getting paid to stay at home? That would be my life! And, if I would have been working, I would have missed out on times like this - see video below. Playing with A on the ground and hearing her baby laugh. Something so simple. Something many people take for granted. I would not trade it for the world.

2 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That is one HAPPY baby and one SWEET mommy!!! Seriously, could you be a better Momma?!?! I love it! Heck, I feel like I should be paid a bigger salary to work and clean - hah! So, I can't imagine after filling mommy duties too!

Unknown said...

What I love about this video is the way we can't help as a parent, to get just as much enjoyment out of something so silly as a tipping bottle. Baby laughing is good for the soul, no matter how old you are! And parenting is a job, paycheck or not, you got that right!