10/14/09

Move it, Move it

We like to move it, move it. We like to MOVE IT!

With this being our 4 location in just over 5 years, people ask how we stay sane. Actually, I've had many of my friends laugh at the fact that I have moved so many times because I tend to overreact, get stressed and like to have things planned exactly. With a move, you can't exactly plan things to go the way you would like them to go. Many obstacles occur and changes happen all the time. Needless to say, I do not do well when I have many things on my plate. Thus is the same with moving.

Many people have asked how this process works. The biggest thing I can tell you, is that a relocation company tries to make the move as stress free as possible. Is that possible, I don't think so, but they sure like to try.

People have also been asking if I've been packing and organizing and getting started on my boxes. The answer, "No." That is the one benefit of moving through our company. They pack all of her belongings and will unpack them for you if you wish. I always opt for both. I can leave all of my belongings and items just as is in my house and they pack everything for me. The only exceptions - pictures, clocks, etc - must be taken down from the wall. The movers will not take anything down. Pretty easy, huh? I'd say so.

However, it is actually one of the most awkward things I have ever done. To sit and watch someone work, and for me to literally twirl my hair. I am not allowed to pack up items because items packed by owner are not insured. I always feel so helpless when I direct them how to pack and tell them how to move items.

Also throughout all of our moves, I have learned more "movers and packers" lingo and facts that I ever thought I would need to know. Such as ... PBO = Packed by owner
and Dishpacks = boxes specifically designed for kitchen items and breakables. I won't bore you with the details, but it's more than I need to know as well.

This week has been full of inspections, which have gone well thus far. Our stucco inspection came back great and the inspection on the house we are selling went well, too. Now, time for the inspection on the house we are purchasing. I think I'm more excited to take extra measurements and try and layout our furniture, etc. What a fun week!

0 comments: