11/23/09

Another Tour ...

For the Iron Chef's birthday celebration, we didn't just visit the Jelly Belly Factory. We most definitely visited another California destination and had another round of sampling, too. Where did we go? The Anheuser-Busch Factory Tour - Budweiser Brewery. Jelly beans and beer go together well, right? Apparently we thought so.



I found it fittingly appropriate that I was touring a Budweiser plant for the first time as well considering I have (in a former life, of course ;) ) been a Bud girl in a parade or two. Sorry I don't have the pictures to prove it, but yes, I most definitely have budweiser paraphernalia to prove it.

Ms. A tagged along with us for this mini excursion, as this was old news for her as well, since she has already been on the authentic Miller Tour in Wisconsin. Aren't these all things a one-year-old needs to have crossed off their list? I guess the beer tours are up there on her list of places she's visited ... along with the Harley Davidson museum, too. :) Our daughter is so cultured. hehe.

Here are a few photos from inside the plant. LARGE vaults full of beer in the making.





Finally time for a little tasting. If you are wondering, Ms. A enjoyed a non-carbonated lemonade with pretzels to cleanse her pallet. She found her tasting to be absolutely delightful as well.



I definitely found my new favorite adult beverage (when it comes to beer). Have you ever tried Wild Blue? Seriously, this beer is delicious and tastes like a sweet piece of fruit. I never knew a beer could taste like this. I was pleasantly surprised.



Cheers to Budweiser for a great tour and wonderful samples.

0 comments: