5/20/09

B is for Books and C is for Climbing

Yes, our littlest is into both right now - B for books and C for climbing. I shall share pictures of them both. In regards to books, I think I should start a book recommendation by Ava. She clearly loves books and has a passion towards reading at such an early age. Maybe just a stage or maybe she actually enjoys reading. Yeah, just a little too early to tell on that one.

Why do I think she has an obsession with books? I have them all in a basket in the family room next to her little rocking chair. She will sort through the books and find the ones she likes and then carry them to Kyle or myself to read. She will sit on our lap through the entire book and then go and pick out a new one once we've finished reading the book. This goes on repeat for as long as we let it or until she gets bored, which can easily be 20 minutes. It's crazy. I have no idea how long this phase will last, but it's pretty cute. If I sort through the books and line them up, she'll find her favorites.

Her favorite book today - "Mama, Where Are You?" by Diane Muldrow. You can check it out at your local library or Amazon.com. Seriously, it is her book of choice and has been the last few days. So if you're looking for a book for tots about "Mommies" and finding your mom, this is the one our Littlest Chef recommends. She'll hunt me down, book in hand, and literally force the book upon me.



She doesn't look thrilled in this photo. Probably because I had to hide this book because I was so tired of reading this on repeat. Did I just say that? Oops. I was just trying to expose her to new books.

As for the climbing, oh my my my. That's an entirely different story. I know everyone goes through this phase, but it is much worse than I expected. I've heard horror stories about parents having children like little monkeys, crawling on furniture and leaping from beds. Well, unfortunately, I do not think Ms. Ava is far behind. We had to baby proof our house to a new level. Everything a little higher and things that she can stand on. For example: We have a Little Tikes Slide that we've kept in her playroom. Now we have to turn the slide on its side or take it outside because Little A thinks she's big enough to climb on it by herself. Yikes. Although she doesn't realize it, I'm just caring for her and worried about her safety.

You can see her 1-2-3 steps as she realizes she can not only climb, but stand on furniture. In her mind all she thinks about is "climb and stand" and she screams when I take her away from the situation or tell her no. This will be a battle, I can already tell. I just had to snap a few pictures of this milestone ...

Step 1



Step 2



Step 3



And, since being a mom is more than just a celebration on Mother's Day, I thought I'd share a snapshot of me enjoying my baby and my mother's day gifts (plants, pots, and flowers for the yard). Ava is quite the little helper. She loves the water to run on her fingers, picking flowers from my potted plants, and feeling the soil in her fingers.







One last look for the day!

0 comments: