5/27/09

Where You Live Fridays - Pretty in Pink

For the past several weeks, Kelly Stamps from Kelly's Korner has been hosting Show Us Where You Live Fridays!

This week's theme is CHILDREN'S ROOMS!



I saw this on one of my cousin-in-laws blog and thought it was pretty neat. Plus, I'm always looking for new ideas for children's rooms so I couldn't resist to add a post of my own.

Since many of you live on the other side of the country from us, I thought I'd participate and share our little cupcake's room with you. Much has changed since her original nursery. For example, no more bumpers on the bed, bedskirt is gone, baby black & white photos aren't all on the wall behind bed, etc. And, most importantly, this is her second bedroom thus far. The walls were already green in here when we moved in, so we thought, green will work. Plus, if our next one is a boy, then we already have a green room that will work perfectly for the next nursery whenever that may happen.



The furniture is one of my absolute favorites. As the Iron Chef and I were looking around for baby furniture, we fell in love with this. The furniture was purchased from EllaBella Kids, our local baby boutique in our old hometown of Kennewick, WA. The furniture is Munire and the collection is Newport. You can also check it out directly at Munire's website. The crib is a convertible crib that turns into a full size bed when our little peanut grows out of it. I love this bedroom furniture so much that I've already hunted down a boutique in Portland that specializes in this same brand.



The bedding and rug were bargain finds at Pottery Barn kids. I had been hunting down several nursery collections and loved most everything at Pottery Barn. I settled on this collection from PB Kids. When I went up to the store in Seattle, everything was 50% off. It was meant to be. The customer service at PB called everywhere around the country trying to hunt down the matching rug for me. We finally found it! I've been pleased with the quality and durability of this bedding collection and highly recommend it to anyone. It's a timeless, classic brand.

The handmade doll on the glider was given as a gift to Ava when she was born. The doll was bigger than Ava when she was born and now she's much bigger than it.





My glider and ottoman were the big splurge for the room. Totally girly, totally pink, but 100% worth it. Many children outgrow their rocker when they become a toddler; however, I'm still using mine to this day. I read with little A every night before bed. It's part of our routine. The glider is also from EllaBella kids (Best Chairs, storybook chair). Love it. What I'll do if and when we have our next baby and if it's a boy ... I'm not sure. Hopefully I can find a good upholstery place to change the color if need be.

As for the little details in her room, I'm still working on that. Aren't decorations in a child's room always a work in progress? They change and grow up so quickly that it's hard to keep one style. We've changed things several times already. Here's what she has right now.

A few of the details ...

Thanks to my mom and the Petal Pusher in Hermiston, OR. One of my friend's mom owns this store and it's absolutely fabulous. While shopping before I had little A, we found this and I just couldn't resist. Thanks, Mom!



Who would have thought it takes forever (literally) to find a hamper that matches bedding sets. I looked high and low for something cute to store dirty clothing. I looked forever. Just asked my husband. We finally found this one at Babies R Us. Although nothing special, I had to add it because it took me so long to find something light and dark pink.



Not only can I be thankful for my mom, but my mother-in-law as well. I was trying to match a curtain with the bedding, yet didn't want to pay full price for one at Pottery Barn. A sewing mother-in-law to the rescue. She came up with this design and I've used this curtain in two houses already.



I love picture frames and tried to get a little creative with what I displayed on A's dresser. The rocking horse is actually a baby shower card I received and matted with a piece of cardstock paper. The piggy bank a $1 Target bargain and the silver bank was a gift from A's great grandmother.



As for the other side of the dresser, a few of my absolute favorites. A college friend (via her sister) gave the white frame to me as a gift for graduating from college. It's a picture of two girls having a tea party at "Miami University." I will treasure this forever and thought it was very appropriate to have in my own little girls room. The espresso frame is a picture of A with her daddy when she was just a week old. This is one of my absolute favorite pictures because her daddy was one of the only people that could calm her from crying and she was so tiny. Plus, the photographer did an absolutely phenomenal job on A's newborn photos that I'd recommend her to anyone! And, the pink polka dot frame just gives a little contrast and adds some fun. The photo was one of our first "tried" photoshoots with A. The memories.



And no, we don't have many toys in her room at all. I hate having cluttered bedrooms with tons of toys ... thus the reason for her playroom downstairs. I have one small basket for books and another one for toys and stuffed animals. Although, I'm not sure how long this will last because we seem to be running out of room!

That's her room in a nutshell. We've loved her room and I know she loves her room. She is content sitting in her room with her silkies and sleeps soundly at night. What more can you ask for?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute, uncluttered :-) beautiful room! I love the colors and your style is just gorgeous!

Liz said...

ohmygoodness. You amaze me. A. Ava's bedroom is adorable, so organized, and so put together! B. That was the most detailed description - and all the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Leah Robinson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything Jamie!! You will have to come help with my girls decor next time you're in town :)

ClintandGina said...

We were so so close to purchasing the Munire Newport nursery furniture from a store here in Texas, but decided to go with a more budget friendly set from JC Penny's, which turned out beautifully. I put mine on Kelly's tour of home as well. The Munire set looks so beautiful in your nursery though.....very pretty! We also love the name Ava, but is a secret until she is born in a month, so shhh ;) Blessings to your family!

The Baby Cove said...

Cute colors in a very chic room! And I really like the crib!

Pam Bowers said...

I love the pink against the dark wood. Lovely room.

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Aww, I love this room! It's gorgeous!

Paige said...

You have made such the perfect room. I love the you are my everything sign! I wish someone around here had cute items like this!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Her room is just too precious!!!! My best friend posted on Kelly's Korner too for the babies room!

Courtney said...

Great room. The wall with her name and flowers on it is a great touch!

Roeshel said...

Beautiful room! Perfect for a princess! :)
Roeshel

joyh82 said...

Aww what a sweet little room. Love the pink colors and her name "Ava" is adorable.