5/11/09

Spring has sprung ... summer is upon us.

Blessed am I to have a loving husband and an adorable toddler. I enjoyed the day and was able to plant all of my flowers, thanks to a shopping trip to Lowe's and a mother's day gift.

With the planting of flowers, I realized that summer is almost here. Fresh fruit, the smell of freshly cut grass, and family fun! It will be here sooner than later.

My favorite in the summertime is fruit and the fruit salads that come along with it! The colors are vibrant and the dishes just make your mouth water. This is the fruit salad I made the weekend of Mother's Day as my special treat. I couldn't find any good, fresh peaches so I had to resort to frozen, but the dish was delectable and made fantastic smoothies! Yum-O!



The warmer weather has also been bringing us outdoors much more lately. Thank goodness for some sunshine! It was very well needed! Here are some of the latest photos of Ava.




















One of my absolute favorites - sneaking snacks! Yes, she was caught red handed sneaking snacks from the pantry. She enjoys the whole nakedness concept when she can and was thoroughly enjoying herself and decided she needed a snack along the way. Thank goodness she decided to help herself to a graham cracker and not something non-baby-friendly. She will go to the pantry, find a box that looks interesting to her, pull the box from the shelf, open the box, pull out the contents to the box, and then proceed to eat what's inside the packaging. I'm horrible at leaving doors open, but have been trying to keep everything closed lately to keep Ava from trouble. Looks like I missed one!

0 comments: