6/4/09

Catch-all Office - Where you Live Fridays!

For the past several weeks, Kelly Stamps from Kelly's Korner has been hosting Show Us Where You Live Fridays!


This week is offices. The Iron Chef and I have contemplated turning our downstairs living room into an office so I'm excited to look at everyone's "offices" to get great ideas!

This is kind of our catch-all room, our 4th bedroom, our exercise room, our TV room, and most importantly, our office. It's a little light on the "office" aspect, but this is definitely the room that stores our printer and laptop and all the supplies that usually come with an office.

Welcome ... I've open to ideas and suggestions on how to make this room more cohesive!



Most of the furniture is pretty hodge-podgey, but the Iron Chef just took on a project to make everything black. At least it would all coordinate. The coffee table is from Goodwill (can we say thank you for bargains) and the little table next to the office was made in 8th grade woodshop class. And if you're thinking woodshop class, yes, I took "woods" for 2 semesters. That class was definitely one of the classes to take at Mona Shores Middle School and I have a solid wood piece of furniture as a reminder of my 8th grade talents.





I have two favorites in this room - our elliptical and our bookshelves in our closet. The elliptical is great to workout while Little A is sleeping or napping and I can't leave the house and our closet holds our sense of organization of paperwork in this house.





My husband recently built these shelves in our closet and they hold all of our office supplies. Two organizational tips I have (that quite frankly help me keep my paperwork organized in an efficient way) include accordion file folders and 3-ring binders full of sheet protectors. By dedicating one accordion file for each year, it makes filing paperwork and storing paperwork easy year after year. When the year is complete, I simply purchase a new accordion file and start the process over. In regards to the sheet protectors and 3-ring binders - this is the best possibly way to keep track and manage all of the paperwork that comes along with a house. From manuals from appliances to warranty information and paint samples, by simply placing everything into sheet protectors and into a binder, it's a great way to store and organize simple paperwork.





The Chicago Cubs are a baseball team favorite in this house and we simply couldn't go without a picture of Wrigley Field.

6 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Your office looks great!! What would we ever do without Goodwill and black paint?

tiarastantrums said...

oh I think I may take you up on that hint - I have papers just STUFFED in drawers!!

Heather said...

I love your office!! It is so clean and organized! love the furniture!! Great job!

Tara G. said...

I like that print!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.

Courtney said...

Very organized!