6/12/09

Jungle Bathroom



Once again, I'm participating in Show Us Where You Live Friday mostly because friends that have visited our house haven't seen the new bathroom decorations for Ms. A's bathroom.

Nothing fancy, just a simple kids bathroom.

This bathroom re-do is the latest edition to our house. Actually it isn't much of a re-do, just changing our decorations. We did add white wooden trim to this bathroom because when we moved into this house, this bathroom had plastic industrial trim that was a must GO!

This is our littlest A's bathroom and she absolutely loves it! She will search around the bathroom for the animals and point to them in laughter. The decorations were all purchased from Target and have made a great addition to the bathroom that will be used for our little one and for our guests. We (I guess I should just say I) hunted around for bathroom items and truly wanted something simple that would flow better with the rest of the decorations in our house. However, my husband was set on a "fun" bathroom so we compromised and found a nice kid friendly theme. The prints are helping A learn hear animals and animal noises. She will point to the animals and hunt around the shower curtain for the turtle. It's absolutely adorable and I am glad I went with such a fun theme. I'm definitely happy that she loves to be in her bathroom. And added bonus, if our next baby (when the time comes) is a boy, this bathroom is gender neutral!



We absolutely lucked out to find 4 matching prints at Target. Back when I was searching for nursery ideas I pondered the idea of a jungle nursery and tried to find all 4 of these prints, but didn't have any luck. When we found these matching prints all in one Target, we knew we had to make a jungle themed bathroom.



The bathroom accessories. Clay-like and adorable.





The trash bin.



Matching towels. I'm on the hunt for similar white towels. I've tried Home Goods and TJMaxx thus far, but am still on the hunt!



The famous turtle that A has to find in her bathroom ... of course there is only one on the entire shower curtain!





I am trying to find a little wooden stool for the bathroom as well. I'm going to paint it to match the bathroom theme and 'A' can use it to wash her hands and brush her teeth when she's a little older.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the jungle theme. Very cute!

Heather said...

Super cute bathroom!! Thanks for sharing!

Ermis Party of 5 said...

Awesome theme! This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm glad I came.

Shay

Jody said...

Super cute - we have the same shower curtain and such in our kids' bathroom - it works well for both boys and girls (we have 1 girl and 2 boys!)