7/17/09

hot, Hot, HOt, HOT

"Ole ole - ole ole, Ole ole - ole ole ... Feeling hot hot hot!" sung to the lyrics

Yes, that's exactly how the Chef Family feels today. And yesterday. And tomorrow. And we probably felt that way the day before yesterday too. It's so HOT! But, it's also beautiful. I am thankful that after some fresh air and sunshine I am able to go inside to a nice cold air conditioned house. I am not sure how I would make it with a little one and no air conditioning.

To enjoy the warm weather and meet up with good friends, we headed to downtown Portland for an adventure. What was supposed to be an enjoyable picnic at the park turned out to be one wet 'n wild afternoon. I did not think Ms. A would be as adventurous as she was and play in the splash pond, but little did I know ...

Dry ...



Extremely soaked ...



And everything in between.







I was lucky to have a change of clothes and a towel in my diaper bag. I was definitely not expecting her bravery. We cooled down and felt very refreshed. Maybe the sous Chef (myself) enjoyed a little bit of the splash pond as well. Just maybe.

We wrapped up our park visit and headed to the nearest Starbucks to finish cooling off. What a better way to enjoy an afternoon than with a iced skinny vanilla latte in hand and meeting with some of our favorite friends from Chicago.



But yes, let me remember, it is still hot, hot, hot. Maybe the Chef Family will try out this park again this weekend.

0 comments: