7/21/09

Hunting & Spray Paint?

I don't mean the kind of hunting you do with a rifle in hand in the woods ... I'm talking about bargain hunting for items for your house. Yes, this is my new found obsession. Checking out garage sales, goodwill, home goods, etc to find that perfect item. And for the locals, I usually bargain hunt at the Goodwill on 164th and the Home Goods in Cascade Station.

And, better yet, most bargain items can "come back to life" with a simple coat of spray paint. Haha, yup, you heard me. Spray paint. I also do not mean the 6 dollars a can spray paint either. Just the dollar paint (if you are using black or white) and 3 dollar can if you are using brown or other colors.

A few of my works in progress ... turning my already current baskets in my laundry room to an espresso color. My goodwill finds? A $4.99 chair and a set of bookends for our bookcase

You should see my garage right now. Cardboard boxes layered on the floor surrounded by freshly painted bargain finds. Just ask my husband.

Stay tuned for the finished results.

Somehow I have to find a reason NOT to go to the bargain stores on a weekly basis.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished products. And you better hurry - only a week before you take off for vacation!